Monday, March 1, 2010

KC Weddings Bridal Spectacular, July 2009



I know....this post is really late! But, better late than never!

We participated in the KC Weddings Bridal Spectacular on July 25th and had a blast! I had been pondering for quite some time about what do to for the booth. I wanted something that was fun, interactive and attention-grabbing. Well, after a few days of simmering, it came to me! We're named KiSS Events; why not have a kissing booth? So, we enlisted the help of our handyman....I am certain he didn't want to fix our deck that week anyway!!!...and he built me an old-fashioned KISSING BOOTH. And I must say, it was soooooooo cute!

So, I decided that people could take pictures in the kissing booth and have their picture taken as a little keepsake. I enlisted the help of a fellow exhibitor and AMAZING PHOTOGRAPHER, Stacey Schmitz. He had a photog on site to snap some funny moments and a few smooches too.

To make the booth "KiSS Events" worthy, we gathered a few moments to help inspire our guests. We had a Marilyn Monroe wig, rock star wig, feather boas, floral tiaras, and of course, lip glosses to make everyone's pucker "kiss-worthy"!

Here a few shots of the booth and some kisses! We had so much fun laughing and smiling with everyone and meeting the brides, grooms and their families.

Unfortunately, we didn't get a chance to peruse the show too much, but we did see a few of our favorite vendors! Katrina from Papermill Designs stopped by to say "hello". Above and Beyond Catering had a show-stopping booth that could be seen across the exhibition center. They have some new pizzas on their menu. I could have eaten a whole pizza pie, it was so delicious!! We had a booth next to Brancatos Catering/All Seasons Tent & Rentals. They created a divine tent that had a lime green ceiling and sheer, gauzy white drapes framing the sides. It was taken to the "simply stylish" level with their place settings and florals. Oh, and everyone kept walking by with a sample of their pasta dish....let's just say I had more than one sample (but who was counting??)! Finally, I had a chance to say "Hi" to Shana from Shana Vaughn Designs. She had some lush garden arrangements that just made you feel good. She gave me a rose and hydrangea arrangement to take home! (she's soooo sweet!) I surprised my mom with the arrangement because she was a tremendous help in getting the booth and props ready. (thanks mom....love you!)

A few folks even asked if the booth was available for rental.....WHY CERTAINLY! Contact us to discuss your event.

Hugs and kisses!

No comments: