Thursday, April 1, 2010

It's Sweet Week-Gotta love cupcakes!

While out shopping a few weeks ago, I stumbled across this simply adorable shop, Smallcakes, A Cupcakery off of 143rd and Metcalf. Well, as a good planner, I simply had to do some investigating!




I got a carrot cake cupcake with cream cheese frosting and a German chocolate cupcake with coconut pecan frosting for my hubby. Here is a pick of the goodies...one fell over on the drive home (taking those corners too quickly, I guess!)




After I got home, I waited a whole day to try to cupcakes. (I had a calorie fest on Saturday and needed to balance out my intake!) So, the next evening I decided to try just a little taste of the cupcake. I wanted to savor it for a couple of days. That picture above was at 8:08 p.m.

Here is my cupcake at 8:15 p.m.


I tried to slow down, I really did. The cupcake was moist, flavorful and a generous size. The cream cheese frosting was a little sweet for my taste, but it balanced the cupcake perfectly. (Hubby enjoyed his cupcake too!) Smallcakes offers a number of flavors, including adorable sundaes! Smallcakes would be perfect for a bridal shower or for a wedding cupcake tower. They also offer the option to host private parties.

Stop by and get yourself a little treat. You deserve it!

No comments: