Saturday, June 20, 2009

Dancing with your Father - Happy Father's day!!

In honor of Father's Day, here are a few songs to consider for your special moment with your father- the Father's dance with the Bride.


Here are a few of my favorites:



There goes my life, Kenny Chesney



My Girl, The Temptations



I loved her first, Heartland



Isn't she lovely, Stevie Wonder



Butterfly kisses, Bob Carlisle



For those of you whose fathers have gone before us, this is the perfect song to share with an honored family member:

Dance with my father, Luther Vandross

If none of these songs work, think back to your childhood. For inspiration, think about what songs reminds you Dad: his favorite hanging out in the backyard music, the songs you sang while riding in the car on vacation or the song he always hums off-key. For me, every time I hear a song by Donna Summer, it makes me think about dancing in the living room with my Dad doing some fierce disco moves!!! (Happy Father's day Dad!!!)

What song are you planning to use for your Father of the Bride dance?

No comments: